What is SportsPass?
SportsPass is the new way to fund Australian sport. A dedicated member benefit program for Australian sporting clubs and associations that adds value to club memberships, whilst also providing a new funding source for Australian sport.
How does it work?
SportsPass works in two simple ways to help with your fundraising:
1. Members of participating SportsPass clubs benefit by having access to a huge range of offers that save them money. Offers include, upgrades, 2 for 1 deals and discounts from hundreds of participating partners, many of which are updated weekly. The member / player card is automatically activated and your members can redeem the value within the program instantly, becoming a great value add to joining a club or association.
2. Clubs and associations have the opportunity to raise much needed cash through rebates from purchases from participating companies, including dozens of retailers. Rebates return cash directly to grassroots sports ranging from 3--‐50%, offering the thousands of Australian sporting clubs the opportunity to generate recurring income annually, whilst members and supporters go about their daily lives. 100% of any rebate from brands and partners is passed back to your club, from both the member / player card and supporter / fundraiser cards.
What companies are involved in the program?
Dozens of retailers have signed up to be part of SportsPass such as Rivers, Katies, My Pet Warehouse, Oakley, Microsoft, Quicksilver, Roxy, Clarks, Hush Puppies and more. In addition, global service and online providers such as Accor Hotels, Hilton Worldwide, Deals Direct, Budget Direct, iSubscribe and The Iconic are supporting the SportsPass program.
What are the costs?
Club and association members receive the SportsPass card absolutely free as part of their existing membership. Supporter cards are available for purchase for family and friends for $25 per annum, with 50% of this cost being directly returned to the club or association.
Maximising the financial benefit for your club
The more your members and supporters use the SportsPass card, the more money they will save, and the more funds you will raise for your club.
To maximise the best financial return for your club, it is a good idea to take the following steps:
• Distribute your member and supporter cards to your paid members/players
• Urge them to sell the supporters card to family and friends as an alternative to buying a raffle ticket.
• Consistently remind members to use their cards throughout the season.
• Advertise the card around the club. This could include, posters, stickers, email newsletters, social media and announcements.
SportsPass also understands the value of local business sponsorship and is not just about national brands. If you wish for your current sponsors to be part of the program and more visible to your members, SportsPass can arrange this at no cost to you or your sponsors.
How to register
To get your club involved with SportsPass, simply contact the team at:
1300 52 62 60 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Who is supporting SportsPass?
Here are some industry professionals and sporting associations who are already using SportsPass:
“Hockey NSW is excited to be affiliated with SportsPass and its instant rewards program. SportsPass program will assist our clubs with funding development for grassroots level competitions. The Hockey NSW community will embrace this great initiative and support the opportunity to give back to the sport of hockey. Hockey NSW wishes to thank SportsPass for its support and the commercial opportunities it has provided.”
“We are delighted to be a part of the SportsPass program contributing directly where possible to the long term sustainability of grassroots level sport within this country. Simply a fantastic opportunity for us to give back to sport, to the players, supporters and volunteers that have supported us for so many years. Thank you."
“We are excited to launch our partnership with SportsPass which will be a fantastic benefit to our membership. Throughout our current strategic cycle we have identified the need to present a strong value proposition to our membership to support growth and improve the benefits we provide through our national framework.
The team at SportsPass have developed a solution truly aligned with this strategy and it will be something that our membership will embrace in the coming years. We applaud the team for the innovation and commitment shown to develop such a valuable grass roots program. The process has been very collaborative and we are now looking forward to the next phase of our relationship. We certainly look forward to growing with SportsPass and providing a strong value proposition to the members of Touch Football Australia."
Touch Football Australia
“Not only does SportsPass provide a significant benefit to our club members by offering savings on everyday purchases, by using the SportsPass membership card, our members are raising much needed funds for our club,” Livingstone said. “SportsPass has the potential to be Australia’s version of the UK lottery funding that delivers millions of pounds to UK sport each year.” “In Australia there is a massive gap in the funding of grassroots sport and SportsPass can fill that gap,” Livingstone added.
SportsPass ambassador, Olympic swimming medallist and CEO of the grassroots swimming club Melbourne Vicentre, Nicole Livingstone OAM.
SportsPass Contact Details:
Phone - 1300 52 62 60
Email - email@example.com
Twitter - @SportsPass_Aust
Facebook - www.facebook.com/sportspassaus
Website - www.sportspass.com.au